: Best Gym Floor Covers, #1 in Custom Logo Mats & Rugs, Basketball Courtside Runners, On Deck Circles and More!
Transform your Church Gym into a Family Worship Center with a good gym floor covering
How to easily and economically transform your Church Gym into a Family Worship Center with a good gym floor covering.
Church gyms have evolved to become more than just a place for the congregation to get some exercise.
Today, many churches are taking advantage of the space to create multi-functional areas that can serve a variety of purposes.
This can be a great way to maximize your church’s resources and make the most use of your facility.
Check out these tips for creating a successful gymnasium set up for event activities in your church.
Cover your church gym floor with a durable and attractive gym floor covering.
Churches today are always looking for new and innovative ways to reach their congregations.
One way that is gaining popularity is transforming the church gymnasium into a family worship center.
This can be a great way to provide a space for families to come together and worship, as well as give the church an additional facility to use for events and activities.
While this may seem like a daunting task, it can be easily and economically accomplished by following these simple steps.
Call us today for a free consultation!
How to choose the right gym floor covering for your church gym multi-purpose facility.
Deciding to install a gym floor covering to protect your church gym floor in your multi-purpose facility is a big one.
There are many factors to consider when making your selection, and it’s important to choose the right product for your specific needs.
In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most important things to consider when choosing a gym floor covering.
We’ll also highlight some of the most popular options on the market today.
So whether you’re just starting to research floor coverings or you’re ready to make a purchase, read on for tips and advice from the experts at Enhance Mats!
12 STEPS TO SELECT THE BEST GYM FLOOR COVERS for your Church Gym Floor
1) Events: Determine what events your gym is used for and what events you might possibly have if you have good gym floor protection.
Some gym floor covers offer a light covering while heavy duty tiles provide ‘Rock Concert’ protection.
Selection will depend on needed durability and budget.
2) Time Constraints: How quickly do you need to transition your gymnasium from one event to the next.
Deployment can range from several hours to just ONE hour.
Select a gymnasium protection that can be deployed within your required time limits.
3) Labor Force: How many people will you have available to deploy your gym floor cover protection.
Some gym floor covers may need as many as 4 to 6 people to properly install while others need only 2 people.
Remember time and labor are critical in keeping facility management costs controlled.
4) Budget: Compare price with durability and warranties.
The cost of refinishing your gym floor can often justify investing in a higher quality cover.
4).Warranties range from 3 years to 10 years and lifespan can range up to 15 to 20 years depending on frequency of use and how well your gym floor covering is maintained.
Explore how investing in quality gym floor cover protection could increase gymnasium use for an increased variety of activities.
Gyms can be rented out for functions, allowing for an increased budget that can be invested in quality floor covering that will wear well and protect for many years of use.
5) Storage: How much room is available for the gym floor covers storage when not in use.
Racking systems for roll vinyl gym floor covers are as large as 14 feet long by 34″ wide and take up a tremendous amount of space, often in hallways.
The maneuverability of the large racking systems may be difficult and require several assistants.
There are new products on the market that have racking systems that hold up to 7000 sq ft of roll covers and can maneuver through regular doorways and halls, allowing for ease of storage.
These systems require much less storage space, which is often at a premium.
Tile system carts are 72″ x 36″ and are also easy to transport and store. The ability to transport and store your gym floor cover is a critical decision.
6) Fire Retardant Properties: Fire retardant properties: should be reviewed for safety purposes.
7) Slip Resistance: Gym floor covers are used for a variety of functions, the selected gym floor cover should be ADA and OSHA compliant for slip resistance.’
8) Acoustic Properties: Gym floor cover protection offer various levels of sound absorption.
Review your gym use for needed acoustic properties.
The newer gym floor covers continue to offer better and better acoustics, allowing for better usability of the space for many events and functions.
9) Stain Resistant Properties: Gym floor coverings vary from vinyl which does not absorb spills to fiber faced covers that wick moisture and are easily cleaned, making them safer and issue free.
10) Sustainability: Choose from Vinyl to Fully Recycled and Eco-Friendly gym floor cover protection. New gym floor covers have their face weight made from 100% recycled polyester (plastic water bottles).
11) Seaming Tape: Seaming tape for rolled goods is used to secure sections of the gym floor cover in place.
Some tape may leave a residue that can attract unwanted dirt and debris and is a onetime use, or the new use of Velcro tape allows for use up to 50 times before it needs to be replaced.
Transform your Church Gym into a Family Worship Center for all to enjoy!
Most church facilities were designed and built for traditional worship services.
While these spaces can still be used for this purpose, many churches are finding creative ways to use their space to reach more people and better connect with their community.
If you’re looking for ideas on how to transform your church gym into a Family Worship Center, you’re in the right place!
Check out the carpet roll, carpet tile and gym floor vinyl coverings available at Enhance Mats.
Enhance Mats leads the industry in providing the best in sports surface and gym floor protection.