: Best Gym Floor Covers, #1 in Custom Logo Mats & Rugs, Basketball Courtside Runners, On Deck Circles and More!
How to significantly reduce church facilities maintenance costs?
How you can significantly reduce church facilities’ maintenance costs?
To the Point:
One of the best ways to reduce church facilities’ maintenance costs is to make sure that entrance mats are in place. One way to significantly reduce a church’s facilities maintenance costs is to invest in high-quality church matting. Church matting is designed to protect flooring from dirt, mud, and other debris that can track in and cause wear and tear. Not only will this help to prolong the life of your flooring, but it will also make it much easier to clean, saving you time and money in the long run. In addition, church matting can also help to reduce noise levels, making your church more comfortable for both worshippers and staff alike. When it comes to finding ways to save on church maintenance, investing in high-quality church matting is a wise choice.
The Key Functions of Church Entrance Matting
Using 10 to 12 feet of matting at the front door will capture 85% of the dirt coming in the front door. The cost to remove just 1 lb of dirt from the building costs $650 TO $850.
- U.S. Green Building Institute recommends 10-15 feet of entrance mats to catch as much as 85% to 95% of contaminants.
- In one week, one square yard of matting can accumulate one pound of dirt (in bad weather, the amount is doubled).
- It takes 150 people entering a facility in a five-day work week to track 1 lb. of dirt into your church. By calculating your congregation attendance, the number of services, other church events with attendance, church facility maintenance staff can determine the amount of dirt entering the building and the saving that can be found with the use of a good matting program.
One way to combat dirt and debris and keep your church clean is to adopt a multi-pronged approach to floor management.
Dirt and debris causes wear and tear on the finish of the church floor:
- This wear and tear will require more frequent stripping and waxing of the floor which costs about $0.50 per square foot.
- It is estimated that for every dollar spent on preventative maintenance, $10 dollars are saved in future repairs.
- So, by investing in entrance mats, church facilities can reduce their overall maintenance costs significantly.
COST OF LABOR FOR CHURCH MAINTENANCE
- “It is estimated that 90% of building maintenance cost is labor.” (Cleaning Management)
- The estimated cost of removing a single pound of dirt from a modern building can exceed $600. (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- “A dollar spent keeping soil out of a building will save 10 dollars in removing the soil once it’s inside.” (Cleaning & Maintenance Management)
- 39% of all custodial time is devoted to floor care maintenance. (National Executive Housekeepers Association)
- 100 grams (1/4 pound) per day per 1000 people can be tracked into a commercial building during dry weather conditions. Twelve times as much dirt is tracked in during wet weather conditions based on field tests conducted by BST Laboratory over an 11-month period.
- Up to 24 pounds of dirt can be tracked in by just 1,000 people coming through an entrance over a 20-day work period. (ISSA)
- 30% of the dirt tracked in is trapped in the first 3 feet of a typical mat, 85% of the dirt gets trapped within a 15-foot length of typical matting. (ISSA)
- “We estimate that only about 10% of the dirt is removed from mats with a vacuum cleaner.” (Georgia State University Test)
- Studies show that one square yard of commercial grade carpeting can accumulate one pound of dirt over a one-week period and up to twice as much during inclement weather. (International Sanitary Supply Association)
- A major source of indoor air pollutants is street dust, carried in on shoes and captured in carpeting. (“The indoor Clean Air Quality Challenge”, Spray Technology Magazine, 1993)
There are many other ways to reduce church facilities’ maintenance costs, but entrance mats are one of the most effective. By taking this simple step, you can help to keep your building clean and safe while also saving money.
Church entrance matting is an often overlooked but key church maintenance item. Its primary function is to prevent dirt, mud, snow, leaves, and other debris from being tracked into church facilities. This not only protects the church flooring and carpeting from damage but also reduces the amount of time and money that church staff needs to spend on cleaning. In addition, entrance matting can also help to reduce noise levels inside church buildings by absorbing the sound of footsteps. As a result, church entrance matting is an essential part of maintaining clean and quiet church facilities.
Church entrance matting notes:
1. Churches are often looking for ways to reduce their maintenance costs
2. One way to do this is through a good matting program
3. A well-maintained matting system can help keep dirt and water from entering the church building
4. It can also help protect floors and carpets from being damaged
5. A good matting system will be easy to clean and maintain
6. It’s important to find a reputable company that offers quality matting products and services. Enhance Mats has worked with many churches across the country to provide both indoor and outdoor matting. Custom Logos are our specialty and our heavy-duty Berber can hold up for up to 10 years or more with proper care and maintenance.
7. When it comes to finding ways to reduce church maintenance costs, entrance mats are a wise choice. By taking this simple step, you can help keep your building clean and safe while also saving money.
Call us today for a free consultation!