CourtMax: NEW 8' Wide Roll Gym Floor Covering
Our Newest CourtMax 8′ wide gym floor covering
Facility Armor’s answer to a better gym floor covering roll.
- deploys faster than the 6′ roll covers
- less taping needed due to fewer strips of covering
- better aesthetics with less taping
- faster takeup
- easier to roll onto storage rack- one roll per bar
- storage rack rolls through a 36″ door
We hear from facility managers across the country that reducing the time and labor when preparing their gymnasium floor for special events are critical considerations.
By making our gym floor covering in wider, we have significantly reduced that time needed to deploy, the number of rows that need to be taped, and the time needed to take up.
Add to that a custom storage rack that transports your gym floor cover easily, and you have improved gym floor protection.
Protect your gym floor with Enhance’s Court Armor Rolls, a 100% recycled polyester nonwoven top cloth gym floor covering fused together with a non-skid, extruded, moisture barrier backing.
Facility Armor’s Court Armor gym floor covering rolls help protect gym floors from damage caused by spills, street shoe traffic, chairs, carts, staging, and equipment. the topcloth is made from recycled water bottles.
Additional Features of 8′ Wide Facility Armor gym floor covering rolls
- Extremely light weight & durable
- Fast and easy installation
- Acoustical properties of carpet
- Hook seaming tape included
- Tear resistant
- Slip and stain resistant
- Compact and easy to store
- Easy to clean
- Color: Charcoal
- Fire Rating: ASTM E648-06 Class 1
- Roll Length: Customer Specified
- Weight: 16.5 oz/sq yd
- Warranty: 4 Years
- Roll Width: 8 ft.
12 STEPS TO SELECT THE BEST GYM FLOOR COVERING
1) Events: Determine what events your gym is used for and what events you might possibly have if you have good gym floor protection. Some gym floor covers offer a light covering while heavy duty tiles provide ‘Rock Concert’ protection. Selection will depend on needed durability and budget.
2) Time Constraints: How quickly do you need to transition your gymnasium from one event to the next. Deployment can range from several hours to just ONE hour. Select a gymnasium protection that can be deployed within your required time limits.
3) Labor Force: How many people will you have available to deploy your gym floor cover protection. Some gym covers may need as many as 4 to 6 people to properly install while others need only 2 people. Remember time and labor are critical in keeping facility management costs controlled.
4) Budget: Compare price with durability and warranties. The cost of refinishing your gym floor can often justify investing in a higher quality cover. Warranties range from 3 years to 10 years and lifespan can range up to 15 to 20 years depending on frequency of use and how well your gym floor cover is maintained.
Explore how investing in quality gym floor cover protection could increase gymnasium use for an increased variety of activities. Gyms can be rented out for functions, allowing for an increased budget that can be invested in quality floor covering that will wear well and protect for many years of use.
5) Storage: How much room is available for the gym floor cover storage when not in use. Racking systems for roll vinyl goods are as large as 14 feet long by 34″ wide and take up a tremendous amount of space, often in hallways. Maneuverability of the large racking systems may be difficult and require several assistants.
There are new products on the market that have racking systems that hold up to 7000 sq ft of roll covers and can maneuver through regular doorways and halls, allowing for ease of storage. These systems require much less storage space, which is often at a premium.
Tile system carts are 72″ x 36″ and are also easy to transport and store. The ability to transport and store your cover is a critical decision.
6) Fire Retardant Properties: Fire retardant properties: should be reviewed for safety purposes.
7) Slip Resistance: Gym floor covers are used for a variety of functions, the selected gym floor cover should be ADA and OSHA compliant for slip resistance.’
8) Acoustic Properties: Gym floor cover protection offer various levels of sound absorption. Review your gym use for needed acoustic properties. The newer gym floor covers continue to offer better and better acoustics, allowing for better usability of the space for many events and functions.
9) Stain Resistant Properties: Covers vary from vinyl which does not absorb spills to fiber faced covers that wick moisture and are easily cleaned, making them safer and issue free.
10) Sustainability: Choose from Vinyl to Fully Recycled and Eco Friendly gym floor cover protection. New gym floor covers have their face weight made from 100% recycled polyester (plastic water bottles).
11) Seaming Tape: Seaming tape for rolled goods is used to secure sections of the gym cover in place. Some tape may leave a residue that can attract unwanted dirt and debris and is a onetime use, or the new use of Velcro tape allows for use up to 50 times before it needs to be replaced.
12) Logos: COURT ARMOR Roll, COURT ARMOR Tile AND COURTSIDE basketball gym runners developed by Facility Armor can be customized to Enhance Your School Spirit with custom colors and logos. New ‘enhanced graphics’ can provide unlimited logo colors. ANY LOGO. ANY PMS COLOR.