Enhance Mats Blog
Choose CourtArmor- The Ultimate in GYM FLOOR COVER PROTECTION
New innovative Gym floor cover protection: COURT ARMOR by Facility Armor is available in Roll, Tile and Courtside basketball gym runners. Antimicrobial protected with Branding capabilities to protect your gym floor from damage.
Whether you have just installed your new wood gymnasium floor or refinished the worn surface of your existing gym floor, a tremendous amount of time, energy and capital budget funding has been invested. It is critical for your facility managers to quickly put a plan in place to protect the gym flooring surface from normal wear, tear and damage.
Maintaining your new gym floor finish is a 3 Step Process
- Keep the dirt and debris out of the gym with a High Performance Entrance Matting System. An effective entry mat can capture a lb of dirt per sq. yd. which will greatly reduce the wear and tear on the gym floor surface. Place heavy duty gym mats at ALL entrances to the gym. Add a your logo to create a dramatic entrance mat.
- A routine maintenance schedule as recommended by the flooring installer or refinisher will preserve your gym floor investment. MFMA (Maple Flooring Manufacturer’s Association) is a helpful resource for gym floor maintenance information.
- Gymnasiums are not only used for sporting events but will function for other activities as well including commencements, conferences, award and rally ceremonies, fundraisers and more. Damage from chairs, tables, heels, food and spills will quickly mar, scratch, scuff and dent your gym floor. Choosing the right gym floor protection mats or rolls is critical.
12 STEPS TO SELECT THE BEST GYM FLOOR COVER PROTECTION
1) Events: Determine what events your gym is used for and what events you might possibly have if you have good gym floor protection. Some gym floor covers offer a light covering while heavy duty tiles provide ‘Rock Concert’ protection. Selection will depend on needed durability and budget.
2) Time Constraints: How quickly do you need to transition your gymnasium from one event to the next. Deployment can range from several hours to just ONE hour. Select a gymnasium protection that can be deployed within your required time limits.
3) Labor Force: How many people will you have available to deploy your gym floor cover protection. Some gym covers may need as many as 4 to 6 people to properly install while others need only 2 people. Remember time and labor are critical in keeping facility management costs controlled.
4) Budget: Compare price with durability and warranties. The cost of refinishing your gym floor can often justify investing in a higher quality cover. Warranties range from 3 years to 10 years and lifespan can range up to 15 to 20 years depending on frequency of use and how well your gym floor cover is maintained.Explore how investing in quality gym floor cover protection could increase gymnasium use for an increased variety of activities. Gyms can be rented out for functions, allowing for an increased budget that can be invested in quality floor covering that will wear well and protect for many years of use.
5) Storage: How much room is available for the gym floor cover storage when not in use. Racking systems for roll vinyl goods are as large as 14 feet long by 34″ wide and take up a tremendous amount of space, often in hallways. Maneuverability of the large racking systems may be difficult and require several assistants. There are new products on the market that have racking systems that hold up to 7000 sq ft of roll covers and can maneuver through regular doorways and halls, allowing for ease of storage. These systems require much less storage space, which is often at a premium. Tile system carts are 72″ x 36″ and are also easy to transport and store. The ability to transport and store your cover is a critical decision.
6) Fire Retardant Properties: Fire retardant properties: should be reviewed for safety purposes.
7) Slip Resistance: Gym floor covers are used for a variety of functions, the selected gym floor cover should be ADA and OSHA compliant for slip resistance.’
8) Acoustic Properties: Gym floor cover protection offer various levels of sound absorption. Review your gym use for needed acoustic properties. The newer gym floor covers continue to offer better and better acoustics, allowing for better usability of the space for many events and functions.
9) Stain Resistant Properties: Covers vary from vinyl which does not absorb spills to fiber faced covers that wick moisture and are easily cleaned, making them safer and issue free.
10) Sustainability: Choose from Vinyl to Fully Recycled and Eco Friendly gym floor cover protection. New gym floor covers have their face weight made from 100% recycled polyester (plastic water bottles).
11) Seaming Tape: Seaming tape for rolled goods is used to secure sections of the gym cover in place. Some tape may leave a residue that can attract unwanted dirt and debris and is a onetime use, or the new use of Velcro tape allows for use up to 50 times before it needs to be replaced.
12) Logos: COURT ARMOR Roll, COURT ARMOR Tile AND COURTSIDE basketball gym runners developed by Facility Armor can be customized to Enhance Your School Spirit with custom colors and logos. New ‘enhanced graphics’ can provide unlimited logo colors. ANY LOGO. ANY PMS COLOR.
Enhance Mats is supporting you by adding AntiMicrobial treatments to all of our gym floor cover products at no additional cost!
Enhance Mats has 4 top levels of gym floor protection and gym floor mats to choose from that are durable, easy to handle and easy to store. Check out the Court Armor products to determine the best options for your gym floor protection.
- Court Armor Roll gym floor covers
- Court Armor Tile gym floor protection
- Court Armor Courtside basketball gym floor runners
- Enhance Pro Gym Floor Tiles
CALL US DIRECTLY @ 877-318-8625
POSTS BY TOPIC
- Antimicrobial Clean Mats (2)
- Antimicrobial protected floor cover (3)
- Antimicrobial protected gym floor cover (1)
- Antimicrobial protected track covers (1)
- College branding (3)
- College recruiting (2)
- Court Armor gym floor covers (5)
- Courtside Runners (6)
- Custom floor mats (6)
- Custom logo mats (6)
- Floor protection (7)
- Gym Floor Covers (9)
- Gym floor protection (8)
- GYM FLOORING (4)
- Gym mat (8)
- Locker Room (3)
- Puradigm (1)
- Recruiting pathways (2)
- Side Armor Courtside Runners (2)
- Uncategorized (3)
SUBSCRIBE TO BLOG